METRICH is partnering with the Drug Enforcement Administration and local law enforcement on another prescription take-back day Saturday, Oct. 27.
Pills will be the only form accepted, and only household unused or expired medications will be accepted. No sharps, plastics or liquids will be accepted. The drop-off program is for individuals; medications will not be accepted from pharmacies, businesses or pharmaceutical sales representatives.
It’s suggested residents put pills in a plastic bag or sandwich bag before coming to a collection site.
Richland County will have five drop-off locations, with each location open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct 27:
• Richland County Solid Waste Authority facility, 1125 National Parkway, Mansfield
• Richland County Sheriff’s Office, 597 Park Avenue East, Mansfield
• Bellville Police Department, 320 Bell St., Bellville
• Lexington Police Department, 44 W. Main St., Lexington
• Shelby Police Department, 31 Mack Ave., Shelby
The event is sponsored by the Mansfield Police Department, Richland County Sheriff’s Office, Bellville Police Department, Lexington Police Department, Shelby Police Department, Richland County Solid Waste Authority, Richland Public Health, Community Action for Capable Youth and the Richland County Mental Health and Recovery Services Board.
Other METRICH region law enforcement agencies participating include:
• Ashland County Sheriff’s Office, 1205 E. Main St., Ashland
• Carey Police Department, 127 N. Vance St., Carey
• Crawford County Sheriff’s Office, 3613 Stetzer Road, Bucyrus
• Fostoria Police Department, 213 S. Main St., Fostoria
• Galion Police Department, 212 Harding Way East, Galion
• Greenwich Police Department, 3305 Greenwich Angling Road, Greenwich
• Hancock County Sheriff’s Office, 200 W. Crawford St., Findlay
• Huron County Sheriff’s Office, 30 Prospect St., New London
• Marion Police Department/Marion County Sheriff’s Office, 1050 Delaware Ave., Marion
• Monroeville Police Department, 9 Monroe St., Monroeville
• Morrow County Sheriff’s Office, 555 West Marion Road, Mount Gilead
• Mount Vernon Police Department, 11660 Upper Gilchrist Road, Mount Vernon
• Norwalk Police Department, 37 N. Linwood Ave., Norwalk
• Seneca County Sheriff’s Office, 3040 S. Ohio 100, Tiffin
• Tiffin Police Department, 51 E. Market St. #4, Tiffin
• Upper Sandusky Police Department, 120 N. Seventh St., Upper Sandusky
• Willard Police Department, 631 S. Myrtle Ave., Willard
• Wyandot County Sheriff’s Office, 125 E. Wyandot Ave., Upper Sandusky
For questions, call sergeant Steve Blust at 419-755-9766.
Residents are also encouraged to continue to be proactive by reporting suspected drug activity. Call the METRICH Crime Tip Hotline at 419-52-CRIME (419-522-7463) or the task force line at 419-755-9728.